Let’s take care of nature
Let’s take care of nature
- +200 bed
- 5 star camping
- For groups
- Pet friendly
Waste and recycling
Mixed waste, glass and small metal
There are several recycling points in the Santalahti Resort area, three in the cottage village and a camping area side one.
The recycling points are marked on the Santalahti map.
Bio-waste, plastic and cardboard
The recycling point is next to the maintenance hall in the center of Santalahti Resort.
We are a 100% Finnish family business founded in 1991, see our story
Tourism in Santalahti is based on the nature of the archipelago in the Gulf of Finland and responsible activities. We have always taken into account the surrounding nature already in the planning phase of investments, so that sensitive nature is preserved with as few landscape modifications as possible.
We participate in the Green Key responsibility program.
Green Key is the world’s leading sustainability program and certificate in the tourism industry.
Suistanable Travel Finland
We are part of Visit Finland’s Sustainable Travel Finland program.
Certification of the STF mark is planned for autumn 2023.
- Responsible actions are taken into consideration in all of Santalahti’s decisions, and improvement keeps continuing
- 95% of the buildings have a heating system of geothermal heating and air-source heat pump
- We use electricity produced from renewable energy
- The cottage area and the campsite have solar panel systems that are connected to the electricity grid, any surplus will be sold on
- The buildings have an energy-saving automatized home/away-control for heating, ventilation and water
- The energy efficiency of the building has been improved by thermal insulation on the past few years
- Indoors and outdoors lighting has been updated to energy-saving led technology
- Water consumption is under surveillance, the regular water monitoring has started in 1995
- Recycling is being improved within possibilities
- Customers are supported to waste management and recycling
- Unnecessary textile changes are reduced to save water
- Environmentally harmful chemical usage is minimized
- Local products and services are supported
- Our customers are given a possibility for environmentally friendly transportation by renting bicycles
- Our employees have the opportunity to work remotely when possible
- Our business partners are expected to work responsibly
- There is a defibrillator (heart pacemaker) at the reception/Bistro
- Santalahti Resort’s financial responsibility is primarily based on profitable business, which enables the payment of salaries to employees, making investments and increasing year-round jobs.
- Profitable business also enables the realization of environmentally and socially responsible goals
- Santalahti Resort’s social responsibility is based on compliance with laws and regulations
- We are a 100% family business and pay taxes to Finland
- We use local services and products and hire local staff where possible
- We strive to develop year-round business and increasing year-round jobs supports our corporate social responsibility
- We demand equal acceptance and treatment of people
- We do not accept racism in any form and we support absolute equality and gender equality
- Only a bit over an hour’s drive to the Helsinki metropolitan area
- Good public transportation from other cities to Kotka by using busses or trains
- Santalahti Resort is about 6 km from Kotka Center, the whole way has good non-motorized traffic routes
- Both Helsinki-Vantaa Airport and Lappeenranta Airport are about an hour away, no need for continuation flight or long travels by land
- Local bus connections
Waste management and recycling
- Santalahti’s recycling points collect bio-waste, plastic, cardboard, glass, metal and general waste
- Kymen Vesi offers modern sewage management and high quality drinking water
- Kotkan Energia offers a modern waste incinerator and power plant