There are a few interesting island destinations
In regards to military history, Ulko-Tammio is a significant place. You can find many remains, for example of a fort, dating back to the Second World War. You can get to know the military history of the island by going around the nature trail. There are two cannons that have been returned to their stations along the trail. There are many barbeque places on the island. The crossing from Kotka or Santalahti takes about an hour.
The sheltered harbour of Ulko-Nuokko is surrounded by high cliffs. The walk around the island takes about an hour and on the way there are high cliffs, rock boulders the size of houses and crude forest. There are barbeque places on the island. The crossing from Kotka or Santalahti takes about 40 minutes.
Kaunissaari is an old and unique fishing village south of Kotka. There is an insular museum as well as a restaurant, where you can have some salmon soup for example, on the island. The crossing from Kotka or Santalahti takes about 30 minutes.
The vessel Targa 31 – ZaZu
- A boat taxi for island and nature trips
- Home port is Kotka Sapokka harbour
- Registered as a charter boat for domestic traffic on area 2, 12 passengers plus crew
- 6 passengers plus captain travels comfortably in the cabin
- Good navigation and safety equipment
- WC, galley, refrigerator, heating and an inflatable boat
- Length: 10,26m
- Width: 3,15m
- Depth: 0,85m
- Weight: approx. 7,000kg
- Engines: 2x285hp Volvo Penta Diesel
- Travelling speed 22-30 knots, top speed 40 knots
- Kippari magazine (2/2010) test winner!
- Motorboat of the year awards 2007: Winner